A warm welcome to a new year -2023- to all our members.
This is the First of a Two Part Blog to identify to new members how we function, and be a reminder to long serving members.
What is the IGBA ?
The International Gloster Breeders Association, IGBA, is the Premier and Largest All Gloster Club in the world. Founded in 1966 to spread the hobby of keeping the Gloster Canary to the world outside of the UK. We still have founding members active in the association. Our history is identified in this website.
It is a worldwide member organisation open to individuals who are committed and devoted to keeping, breeding and the welfare of Gloster Canaries.
How does the IGBA function?
Administration is through
- A set of rules that govern the organisation, to be found on the website.
- An annually elected committee of 19 members. 7 main officers and 12 others with defined duties. All working for the best benefit of the membership.
- The committee meets on a bi-monthly basis to deal with general administration and any matter brought to the attention of the committee.
- These matters are discussed, and decisions made in a business-like manner, the prime objective being to enhance the offering and standing of the IGBA.
- Main Officers Specific Duties:
- Chairman – Leader and guide for the organisation
- General Secretary – General day to day administration, providing a link with committee and association members.
- Treasurer – Accounting, keeping organisation financially sound and the committee fiscally aware.
- Membership Secretary – Keeping membership records current,
- UK Affiliate Secretary – Contact for UK Affiliate Organisations.
- Overseas Affiliate Secretary – Contact for Overseas Affiliate Organisations.
- IGBA Members Show Secretary – Annual Members Exhibition.
- Other Defined Committee Duties:
- Ring Scheme
- Web Site
- Event Presentations
- Members show manager
- British Championship
What do we offer?
Two Types of membership, Individuals and Groups which are separate.
IGBA does not Affiliate a Club on its own without the club having IGBA members.
Individual / Personal Membership
Individuals can join IGBA without being a member of any group
Membership to the IGBA is open to individuals who apply or renew through the individual’s country location link.
Rest of World [ROW] https://www.igba.co.uk/membership-application-row/
Subscription fees are set once a year at the March AGM and become operative from the following 1st January.
BENEFITS of Membership
Each member gets benefits and a unique individual code to access the members page to view sensitive information. [this unique code is Not to be shared with any other individual, group or third party].
- Yearbook – online or hardcopy.
- Access to bi-monthly presentations.
- Automatic entry into AG British Championship.
- Access to worldwide membership.
- Ability to attend AGM and influence organisation’s workings.
- Ability to advertise identifying stock and equipment.
- Access to internationally recognised Ring Scheme. [Currently best supplier delivered price].
- Ability to apply for entry onto IGBA Panel of Judges [Conditions Apply].
For an individual to be a current member of the IGBA, Fees need to be paid by the end of January each year.
This will enable us to place a supplier order for hardcopy yearbooks with no overstocking.
Late payment might mean a member wanting a hard copy only being able to access the soft copy on the members page.
Please help us to help you – Register/Renew your membership before the end of January !!
Act responsibly Help Us to reduce pressure on our World’s resources and reduce our ever increasing cost of Postage. – Register your Opt in decision for access to the soft copy of the year books. Opting Out will mean you still get a hard copy.
Contacting email@example.com will register your decision.
IGBA Committee 3rd January 2023