At the year-end IGBA membership records identify 480 current names, 36 of whom are outstanding 2022 subscriptions.
Could this be you ? If so we hope it is but a slip of memory, please renew for 2022 as 2023 subscriptions become due for renewal by the end of January.
- During 2021 we enrolled 76 new members, this year new members totalled 45.
- All these new members have enrolled through the website, and once the next 35 new members join us, we will have recovered our investment in the new website. Would we have done this without the site ? …. who knows, it would certainly have been a more challenging exercise.
- The reach of the website to new members has extended to include Algeria, Mexico, Thailand and China.
- China provides the IGBA a hugh market to explore and introduce the Gloster Canary to a nation where bird-keeping has long been popular in Chinese culture. It began during the Qing dynasty (1636-1912), when soldiers raised songbirds and listened to their melodies during peacetime.
- Our new member Shuangzhi Yang is very keen to be involved with the IGBA to spread the Gloster message to the Chinese population.
Wherever our membership comes from in the world, it is up to the IGBA to provide support and assistance which is why the committee is constantly looking for new initiatives to add to current activities.
The IGBA is you the member, without you there is no IGBA.
IF YOU have any reasonable suggestion on new , or improvements to current, activities or offerings please contact email@example.com
Steve Webb – Membership Secretary 2nd January 2023